Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stability Ball, Scramble, and BBQ

Here I am...on the stability ball...again. My homework from the running analysis yesterday was to use the stability ball to improve my posture by sitting on it with the correct spinal alignment FOR TWO HOURS A DAY!!! I only did 30 minutes yesterday and am working on 40 minutes today because I did not realize what bad posture I had. By back is SORE! It is, however, a GREAT workout tool. I have to keep my core and lower back constantly engaged to keep myself from toppling over. I would suggest to anyone to replace their office chair or comfy chair with this bad boy for 1-2 hours out of your day. I noticed that after getting off the ball, I feel as though I walk taller. Thus far, I have read on the ball, typed on the ball, and Farmville'd on the ball. Oh well, hope it helps with my running form 'cause I'm going for one today. This will be the first time since April 2009 that I have started back on my marathon plan. But you can't run without fuel and that means...Feta Spinach Scramble for breakfast!

3 egg whites
1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
1 Italian tomato, chopped (I used 2 tbsp of rotel for a little kick)
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
salt & pepper to taste


Chop onion & tomato
Spray pan with oil
Put on med heat
Start with onions cook till desired
Add 3 egg whites
Tomato, spinach cook to desired consistancy
Just before you are ready to take off heat ,take 1/2 of feta cheese and throw in pan and melt.
Slide out onto a plate garnish with the oher 1/2 of crumbled feta cheese on top salt & pepper to taste.


This was very tasty and pretty quick to make.

For lunch it was... Spicy Chicken Apple Salad!

0.5 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp cumin
2 c baby spinach leaves
1/4 c dried cranberries, sweetened
1/2 c chopped apples
1.5 tbsp feta, crumbled
1 tbsp Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette (amazing stuff! but you can also use 2 tbsp of salsa to cut both fat and calories if you wish and it still tastes AMAZING)

Chop chicken into bite size pieces and coat in cayenne and cumin mixture.
Cook chicken until done and set aside.
Toss spinach, cranberries, apples, and feta in Brianna's blush wine vinaigrette (or salsa).
Top with still warm chicken and VOILA! Lunch :P

Last on my menu today was BBQ for dinner.

1 pkg sweet Japanese Sausages (the mini pink kind)
1 med potato
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup Bull dog bbq sauce ( not sure if it's a Japan only brand, but it's delicious)

Chop onion and potato, add to frying pan on med heat. Add corn and sausages until the potatoes get tender and onions become translucent. Add bbq sauce and turn off burner. Toss well and serve!

We had some leftover rolls from the bakery (see Egg Chorizo blog). Yum.

Since I don't have my camera yet, I am going to take my mini video camera around with us this weekend and you can see all the cool places in the Shimoda AEON mall!!! Including the super arcade and the awesome Pepper Lunch (inspiration for yesterdays Hot Plate Beef). Well, I'm off to work out my training plan for the next 6 months, I'll post that tomorrow. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Redd :)
    This chicken salad sounds amazingly flavorful! Really looking forward to your videos, photos and culinary impressions of this wonderful country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is so many inspirations!

    have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete